As the center for entrepreneurship in Bloomington, The Mill provides critical access, first and foremost to a community of peers and mentors, and secondly to capacity-building resources and startup capital. Our programs help accelerate innovative ideas and technologies into business concepts.
We began offering programming for startups and entrepreneurs in 2017. In November 2018, our membership-based coworking facility opened. Entrepreneurs, innovators, creatives, remote workers, techies, and others benefit from like-minded community, programming, and mentoring. With financial support from the City of Bloomington and the Redevelopment Commission for the building renovation and our launch, we have a stated goal of becoming self-sufficient by the end of year three.
Today, The Mill is 19,000 square feet of beautifully renovated, century-year-old factory space in the downtown Trades District. We are home to hundreds of members and dozens of companies. Our diverse members include innovators creating startups and small businesses as well as independent freelancers, creatives, and remote workers, for example. Some choose The Mill for our coworking amenities and the great community. Others join for specialized entrepreneurial support: for accelerating their startups, pitching to investors, and securing capital, for instance. We serve members, our thriving startup community, and the public at large.
The Mill would not be possible without the generous support of our cornerstone sponsors. See all sponsors here.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we have a standing policy of nondiscrimination at The Mill. We respect the unique and diverse perspectives of all employees. We accord all qualified persons an equal opportunity for employment or promotion without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status or condition protected by federal, state, or local law.
Content Marketing Specialist
The Mill is seeking an experienced content creator and marketer to 1) create multimedia content marketing campaigns to build long-term audience engagement, and 2) support the daily execution of all our marketing across various platforms (social, newsletters, email, etc.). This new role will work closely with the Head of Marketing & Operations to promote The Mill as southern Indiana’s center of gravity for coworking, innovation, and entrepreneurship to potential members and the community.
Does this sound like you? You love creating content, particularly in video, and have a deep understanding of how to curate and manage content over time to build traffic and followers. You have a portfolio of your best work and data to show your past success. You’ve done a little bit of everything in marketing and understand how to weave branding and messaging across different social media platforms. You have a passion for high-quality, well-designed, customer-centered marketing. You can cheerfully crank out newsletters and other marketing essentials on schedule, and you relish the opportunity to own long-term content creation. You’re creative, you enjoy a fast pace, and you want to put your marketing powers to work for something more exciting than widgets.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create content marketing strategy for The Mill and execute consistent content marketing campaigns for long-term Mill member and community engagement and education, with an emphasis on short form video content
- Build traffic to our websites, followers, and list subscribers
- Manage all social media content production, scheduling, and posting
- Market Mill programs across various platforms to meet application, registration, and attendance goals
- Manage all email, including 3 monthly newsletters and member communications
- Ensure timely launch and completion of marketing campaigns and pieces
- Monitor analytics across platforms and pivot as data indicate
- Work with the Executive Director to record, edit, and post podcast content
- Follow visual and messaging brand guidelines set by the Head of Marketing & Operations
- 3+ years professional experience in social media and marketing
- Proven success with creating, curating, and managing content for audience engagement
- Proficient in video planning, shooting, editing, and archiving
- Ability to record, edit, and produce high-quality podcasts
- Data-driven self-starter with a service orientation—our team has each other’s backs
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial organization
- Excellent communication skills and grammar
- Familiar with or willing to learn the programs we use regularly: Canva, Mailchimp, HootSuite, WordPress (Divi), Airtable
- Bonus: intermediate skills in InDesign/Adobe Creative Suite
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Annual salary is $50,000 paid twice monthly via direct deposit
- 3 weeks of PTO in year 1, 4 weeks in year 2 and beyond
- Health, life, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with company match after the first year of employment
- Use of company MacBook Pro
- Performance reviews twice annually
- Opportunity for raises twice annually
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume and a cover letter to Gretchen Knapp. This is your chance to showcase your content marketing experience and why you are a great fit for The Mill. Please include the following information in your cover letter:
- A short bio / introduction
- A link to your portfolio or previous video/social media work, if possible
- Why this position interests you
- What you hope to gain from your next career move
- How you learned about The Mill and the position
Applicant review is ongoing, with a preference for candidates who apply by April 6. Due to the expected number of applications, we cannot reply to every applicant. If you make it beyond the first round, though, you can expect regular communications from us. Thank you for your interest in The Mill. Best of luck!