October 10-15, 2021
Sprint Week is a fun innovation exercise in which teams try to solve big real-world problems in just five days. You’ll show off and hone your career skills, make friends, and have a blast. Get ready, get set, sprint! Bring your own team or join one at The Mill. Your team could win $1,000!
Here’s how it works. First, you’ll register to participate. Sign up with a team, or sign up solo, & we’ll help you join a team.
At the info session, we’ll get you prepped for the Sprint. We’ll explain the process and expectations, answer questions, and present a brief synopsis of the Challenge to get your mojo working. (Hint: this year’s theme is cybersecurity.)
At the Kick-off on Sunday, subject-matter experts from our awesome sponsor MetroStar will provide details of the Challenge. You’ll also have the option to meet with your team to get a jump start.
Then, from Monday to Thursday, teams will work together virtually to design an innovative solution. MetroStar experts will be available for consultation.
Friday is Demo Day! Each team will have 10 minutes to pitch their solution and answer questions from experts in cybersecurity. The top three teams win prizes!
(Registering with a team? Each person needs to fill out the form, please!)
OCTOBER 1, noon
participant info session
OCTOBER 10, 2pm
kickoff meeting at The Mill
October 15, 4PM
Demo Day at The Mill!
The winning team will divvy up $1,000 in cash, courtesy of our sponsor MetroStar. Each member of the winning team will also receive a full-time 6-month membership to The Mill.
Each member of the second-place team will receive a full-time 3-month membership to The Mill, and the third-place team members will receive part-time 3-month memberships.
- Sprint Week is for college students and professionals interested in cybersecurity, policy, business, tech and IT, and process improvement.
- The challenge theme will be cybersecurity, but you don’t need to be a cybersecurity expert.
- Register with your own team of up to 5 people, or sign up solo, and we’ll match you with a team of new friends!
- The kickoff and Demo Day will be held at The Mill, with a virtual option. You do not have to be able to attend in person to participate.
- Expect to spend 2–4 hours a day working with your team from Monday – Thursday. Teams will meet virtually, and all participants will have access to The Mill’s coworking facilities.
- Experts from MetroStar will hold office hours during Sprint Week and be available to consult with teams.
MetroStar is a digital services and management consulting company with headquarters in Reston, VA and Bloomington, IN, which specializes in emerging technologies within the public sector.
In 1999, MetroStar’s co-founders developed a solution for web form automation at George Mason University. Nearly two decades later, thousands of users and dozens of agencies use their solutions to transform and enhance the way they do business.
In 2018, MetroStar established its second headquarters (HQ2) in Indiana, the Hoosier state. Rooted in Bloomington, they have established a highly skilled workforce across multiple skills: design, data science, software and cloud engineering, network infrastructure and engineering, and agile management supporting multiple clients across Department of Justice, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Health and Human Services (HHS), and The Peace Corps.