Wondering what it means to become a member, and what membership benefits you’ll receive when you join The Mill? The bennies are pretty sweet!
First and foremost, you get access to our coworking space and an awesome community. (Not sure what “coworking” is? Check out this post.) Next, if you have a startup—or an idea for one—we’ll connect you to Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR) Cy Megnin. Then we’ll hook you up with some fantastic entrepreneurial programs and opportunities. But what most people don’t know is that members can also receive thousands of dollars in benefits and credits through our partnership perks. And we’re always adding more!
So yes, you can just come here to work. That’ll be worth the cost of membership alone. You don’t have to be an entrepreneur! Our members are also remote workers, creatives, students, freelancers, and techies. The Mill is a beautiful, inspiring place to get work done. Incredible natural light, reclaimed wood, exposed brick, and soaring ceilings feed your spirit. Super fast 1G wifi (thanks, Smithville!) and delicious coffee (thanks, Hopscotch!) fuel your mojo.
Chat on Slack with other members. Take a break to work on the puzzle. Record your podcast in our high-end studio. Check out the Maker Café or Remote Worker Meetups. Make some popcorn to get you through a late night session. Take your laptop out to the patio on a beautiful day.
Traveling around the state? Since we’re a member of the Indiana Coworking Passport, members can book a free day at any of the other member sites.
We can also connect you to specialized services through our Concierge service. Members can receive up to an hour of free consultation with local experts in marketing, accounting, and legal services, with no obligation. In addition, Startup Studio, our network of skilled designers, offers members discounted rates on websites, pitch deck, and other design services. Best of all, their design work is tailored to help startups succeed with investors and customers.
Finally, EIR Cy Megnin meets with members one-on-one. He can help you to figure out how to validate business concepts, attract investment, find customers, and achieve product-market fit. In fact, we’re constantly developing new programs and connecting members to opportunities with partners like Velocities, gBETA, Elevate Ventures, Ivy Tech, and others.
But let’s get back to those thousands of dollars in other potential membership benefits. The Mill partners with global organizations like Microsoft, IBM, and Amazon, as well as with cool tech companies like DigitalOcean, Twilio, Formstack, and others. Eligibility restrictions apply, but don’t worry. Andy Lehman, our Head of Accelerator Programming, can walk you through the process.
Microsoft for Startups is a comprehensive global program designed to support B2B startups. Potential benefits include:
- Up to $120,000 of Azure Cloud Credits
- Azure Standard Support
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard – 10 seats, valid for 1 year
- Visual Studio Enterprise (Microsoft for Startups) cloud subscription – 5 seats valid for the duration of your membership
- GitHub Enterprise Cloud Subscription – $1,000 of monthly credit for 40 seats, valid for the duration of your membership
- Power BI Pro – 10 seats, valid for 1 year
- Plus: Power Apps – 10 seats, valid for 1 year
- And also: Power Automate – 10 seats, valid for 1 year
- Enterprise-level, unlimited 24×7 technical support
Startup With IBM allows you to access services like AI, blockchain, and data science to build leading-edge solutions at scale. Then you can sell your solution to IBM’s global network or customers, partners, and developers. Potential benefits include:
- Up to $120,000 of IBM Cloud Credits
AWS Activate from Amazon Web Services makes exclusive members-only offers and provides access to the Activate Console to help build and grow your business. Potential benefits include:
- $5,000 in AWS Activate Credits (valid for 2 years)
- 1 year of AWS Business Support (up to $1,500)
Hatch is DigitalOcean’s global startup program. Potential benefits include:
- $1,000 worth of DigitalOcean’s cloud for 12 months
- Technical training and mentorship
- Priority support through DigitalOcean’s Customer Success teams
- An opportunity to connect with the global Hatch community on Slack
- Marketing help and promotions through DigitalOcean’s social channels, newsletters, and events
Twilio is a developer platform for communications. Software teams use Twilio APIs to add capabilities like voice, video, and messaging to their applications. Twilio SendGrid is a cloud-based platform that provides and manages an email server on your company’s behalf. Send transactional email using dedicated IPs, white-labeling, sub-user management, and advanced API features. In addition, send newsletters with powerful list segmentation, A/B testing, engagement features, and marketing email performance. Potential benefits include:
- $500 in Twilio credits for SMS, Voice, WhatsApp
- $1,000 in Twilio credits for SendGrid
- Education and support
- Access to the Twilio Startups team
Help your business grow via workflows, surveys, and data-collection with Formstack. You’ll get forms, PDF, and document automation with Formstack Documents, and easy to use e-signature with Formstack Sign.
- One year pro-level package, free, with full features
Miro offers online whiteboarding tools that help startup teams collaborate, inspire new ideas, and design products that keep user research front and center.
- $1,000 in Miro credits
Deep Word allows companies to generate videos of people talking for educational, marketing, or training purposes, without having to film them. And you can personalize those videos for individual customers and employees at scale, based on any data stored in your application database, CRM, or LMS.
- 25 minutes (75 credits) of synthetic video
We’re pretty sure that by the time this post goes live, we’ll have even more perks and membership benefits. Become a member, and collect them all!