There are two kinds of people: the ones who are super pumped about machine learning and AI and Python and blockchain, and the ones who aren’t quite sure exactly what “cybersecurity” is. Is it . . . hackers? (Yes.) Credit card and identity theft? (You betcha.) Malware and viruses and that movie War Games with Matthew Broderick, or maybe The Net with Sandra Bullock? (Oh yeah.)
Good news, techies and non-techies! Innovation Week is coming up, and it’s packed with free sessions for those in the know AND those in the dark!
What is cybersecurity? A great opportunity to secure a vibrant economic future for Bloomington.
We’ve said it before, we’ll say it again: Bloomington is positioned to become an important hub of training, careers, and innovation in cybersecurity. And our line-up of speakers and sessions for Innovation Week proves it. Our fantastic sponsors MetroStar Systems and the National Security Innovation Network (NSIN) both have locations here in Bloomington, and with help from experts in IU’s new program on Cybersecurity and Global Policy and guests from S2MARTS and the Midwest TechBridge, they’ve put together an amazing slate.
We’ve got something for everyone in a range of sessions for the general public, techies, academics, innovation companies, and more. Check out all the sessions, and register for one, some, or all!
- Get the big picture at the kickoff panel for the general public with Mayor John Hamilton; Pat East, Executive Director of The Mill; Ali Reza Manouchehri, CEO & Co-founder at MetroStar Systems; and Mike Dodd, IU Program Director, National Security Innovation Network
- Geek out in tech talk about how to enable machine learning for data science
- Explore the different disciplines (it’s not all computer science) that feed into cybersecurity careers, and learn about the job opps with our sponsors MetroStar and NSIN
- Learn more about the groundbreaking collaboration between NSIN and Indiana University
- Discover how academics & non-traditional defense contractors can become part of the cybersecurity ecosystem of opportunity and innovation, right here
- Network over a virtual happy hour
- Get inspired with TEDx Bloomington’s session on entrepreneurs & innovation
It’s all free and open to the public. Explore sessions and register today!