ABOUT THE POSITION
We are adding a full-time Head of Accelerator Programming to our team. Launching and accelerating companies will be how we lift ourselves from this economic crisis and since COVID-19, we’re doubling down on that mission. This position will be responsible for preparing our startups for pre-accelerators (free, no equity) and accelerators (equity-based investment). He/she will run a pitch and messaging bootcamp to help them polish their applications and interviews. He/she will also coordinate Crossroads, our annual statewide pitch competition, build out our formal mentor network, and advise startups to win SBIR grant funding. In addition to partnering with B-Start, Firestarter, and gBETA, The Mill may also start its own pre-accelerator or accelerator depending on need and demand.
The Mill is still new – two years old in November – and we don’t know what we don’t know. You should be eager and willing to tackle new experiences and situations, and you’ll need to execute them flawlessly. We’re also a small team so you need to be a jack-of-all-trades and master of them too. Some of these activities might include, but aren’t limited to, taking out the trash, making morning coffee, attending a sponsor pitch, and giving tours to prospective members.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
• Ability to work on-site at The Mill
• Expert project management skills
• Self-starting personality
• Keen critical thinking and first principles skills
• Can work independently and collaboratively
• Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders
• You’ve started a startup
• You’ve worked for a startup
• Your network would benefit startups
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Annual salary is commensurate with experience and ranges from $50-60,000.
• Paid twice monthly via direct deposit
• 3 weeks of PTO in year 1, 4 weeks in year 2
• Health, life, vision, and dental insurance
• Use of company MacBook Pro
• Performance reviews twice annually
• Opportunity for raises twice annually
• No bureaucracy – direct and regular contact with our Executive Director
• You’ll work in Downtown Bloomington in a visually stunning building that seamlessly blends old and new highlighted with exposed brick and original wood
HOW TO APPLY
Email a cover letter and resume as PDFs to pat at dimensionmill dot org. This is your chance to describe why working at The Mill would be a great fit for you. Include the information below:
1. A short bio / introduction
2. Why this position at The Mill interests you
3. Why you love startups and coworking
4. Let us know how you learned about The Mill and the position
Applicant review is on-going with a preference for candidates who apply by June 26.
Due to the expected number of applications, we cannot reply to every applicant. If you make it beyond the first round though, you can expect regular communications from us.
Thank you for your interest in The Mill and best of luck!
ABOUT THE MILL
The Mill is Bloomington’s center of gravity for innovators, remote workers, entrepreneurs, and creators. We renovated a 105-year-old building from the Showers Brothers Furniture Company and transformed it into a 19,000 square-foot coworking space and business incubator.
Already a major driver of innovation in our community, The Mill is home to 30 companies and more than 200 members. They’re a crucial part of the infrastructure – talent, capital, and training – we need for the 21st century to help our City and State evolve in the new economy. Operating as a 501(c)(3) non-profit, our mission is to launch and accelerate high-potential companies, and our vision is to become the center of coworking and entrepreneurship in Indiana.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we have a standing policy of nondiscrimination at The Mill. We respect the unique and diverse perspectives of all employees. We accord all qualified persons an equal opportunity for employment or promotion without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status or condition protected by federal, state, or local law.
Related keywords: Dimension Mill, Trades District