Our vision is to become Indiana’s center of gravity for entrepreneurship.
As the center for entrepreneurship in Bloomington, The Mill provides critical access, first and foremost to a community of peers and mentors, and secondly to capacity-building resources and startup capital. Our programs help accelerate innovative ideas and technologies into business concepts.
We began offering programming for startups and entrepreneurs in 2017. In November 2018, our membership-based coworking facility opened. Entrepreneurs, innovators, creatives, remote workers, techies, and others benefit from like-minded community, programming, and mentoring. With financial support from the City of Bloomington and the Redevelopment Commission for the building renovation and our launch, we have a stated goal of becoming self-sufficient by the end of year three.
Today, The Mill is 19,000 square feet of beautifully renovated, century-year-old factory space in the downtown Trades District. We are home to hundreds of members and dozens of companies. Our diverse members include innovators creating startups and small businesses as well as independent freelancers, creatives, and remote workers, for example. Some choose The Mill for our coworking amenities and the great community. Others join for specialized entrepreneurial support: for accelerating their startups, pitching to investors, and securing capital, for instance. We serve members, our thriving startup community, and the public at large.
The Mill would not be possible without the generous support of our cornerstone sponsors. See all sponsors here.
There is currently one position open.
Position Title: Regional Program Manager
The Mill is creating a new Cybersecurity Exchange (CSX) to bridge the regional strengths in cybersecurity from Crane to Bloomington to Muscatatuck. Cybersecurity Exchange (CSX) provides a platform for cybersecurity leaders to learn from one another, collaborate on ideas and projects, and advocate for cybersecurity to become an economic driver in the Innovation Corridor: Crane to Bloomington to Muscatatuck.
The CSX Regional Program Manager’s primary responsibility is implementing and executing strategies developed by The Mill and the CSX board of advisors to build a strong network of linkages and support for various cybersecurity organizations, companies, and researchers across the region. This role will be a supervisory position overseeing a Outreach Coordinator and Online Portal Manager. The Regional Program Manager will design a plan for future funding, through a combination of membership fees, donations and sponsorships, private and federal grants, and other funding mechanisms as needed.
- Recruit and build relationships with cross-sector cybersecurity leaders in the south central Indiana ecosystem and CSX partners in the private sector, government, higher education, and other related organizations.
- Conduct interviews and review research to set the direction of the CSX.
- Define programming and its metrics for success.
- Establish guidelines for board of advisors, cybersecurity network, and community involvement.
- Lead regular CSX meetings to engage the network and promote collaboration across sectors.
- Identify entrepreneurial opportunities and needs aligned with the CSX.
- Create a PR and communications plan.
- Hire and supervise the Outreach Coordinator and Online Portal Manager positions, if funded.
- Ensure compliance with program requirements.
- Manage and report performance metrics during the project performance period.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years (preferably 10 years) experience in leading complex teams and projects.
- BA/BS degree in communications, project management, or related field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical skills and good judgment, with the ability to gather and digest information quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of and experience with cybersecurity technologies is preferred, but not required
To apply, email a cover letter and resume as PDFs to melissa at dimensionmill dot org. This is your chance to describe why working at The Mill would be a great fit for you. Include:
- A short bio / introduction
- Why this position at The Mill interests you
- How you learned about The Mill and the position
Applicant review is ongoing. Due to the expected number of applications, we cannot reply to every applicant. If you make it beyond the first round, you can expect regular communications from us.
Thank you for your interest in The Mill, and best of luck!